Friday, June 21, 2013

Summer Words for Sources

Summer has officially arrived -
Summer Solstice the longest day of the year --
long, lingering days filled with light & possibilities.


We have 93 days to the Autumn Equinox
...
How would you like to fill a sketchbook with ideas in that time?
Well, since we're talking about WORDs as source inspiration this week I came up with a

Summer Word Challenge

below is a list - a long list - a list of words that remind me of summer


It's easy to join in - grab a pencil & paper--
PICK A WORD
and let your mind explore that word for you
record your exploration!

I've talked about this idea many, many times...
why?  because it works - a bit of personal brainstorming
where you find yourself continuously surprised.

While using this technique along with the members of my design group I was always amazed with what I came up with, and how each of us came up with stuff that was very different from each other. In just 5 minutes!!

Click to see some our examples:

BLOOMING



SCREW
THRU THE DOOR
SUNDAY


The most important thing is to have fun!

Hmm, which word will I pick for today?

~Rose

1 comment:

  1. Good idea if you can draw. Will have to try and see what happens as I cannot draw.

    ReplyDelete