Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Where the shapes take me!

I have been taking time this week to:

So, I thought I might share one of these now finished pieces.

Last summer when I shared my five minute warm up drawing exercise. The word 'boardwalk' produced one of my favorite resulting pencil drawings.

I loved it so much I took it further until I came up with a quilt design that celebrated my time in and the color of the Caribbean. Some of my fabric was actually purchased on my 2013 Quilt Cruise and some popped up in the new colors that were being offered by Cherrywood Fabrics.
The quilttop was stitched together lickity-split using my Fast-Piece Applique, but note it did not stop me from piecing my boardwalk directly. The quilting & decorative stitching though took longer to complete..... more so as right around this time I started making this quilt my mind turned to book projects.

Feels wonderful now that the piece is done, and loved working all the stitching.

Hope you like the final results!




1 comment:

  1. Oh, how happy it looks!! I love the curly waves licking around the boardwalk. I have a new ocean-picture I've been cooling off with and it goes perfectly with this expressive quilt. Thank you again for sharing all your projects.

    ReplyDelete