Sunday, November 17, 2013

Sunday Inspirations

Today I was awakened by the sound of thunder and rain falling hard....

My plans for the day are built entirely around stitching.... mostly quilting, but I was in the need of a bit of inspiration to get me going. Hmm, I hadn't been pinning very much lately, so I decided to jump on Pinterest and pin some of the quilts hanging at Ephemera.

Once on Pinterest I realized it had been a while since I took a Pinterest Hop -- click, I ran into some wonderful heart shaped rocks -- click, I ran into a beautiful print by Valerie Sims...

From there I was off hopping and found some inspiring print artists --
Flora McLachlan
Flora McLachlan
Hilke MacIntyre
Hilke MacIntyre
Hilke MacIntyre
Jane Walker
Jane Walker
Valerie Sims
Valerie Sims
I enjoyed these artists simple shapes and depth created by the added texture:
hope you enjoy these along with me.

2 comments:

  1. I love this inspiration, Rose!! Thank you for a wonderful post. I am still a little intimidated by the process of creating an art piece. It just seems to be difficult. I am still reading your book and posts, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's all about getting the idea -- then taking baby steps... thanks for reading my posts & especially for leaving me comments -- makes it all worthwhile!

    ReplyDelete