Thursday, January 7, 2016

Baby Steps - Giant Leaps

Some days are filled with just trying to figure out which way to go--
Just what should come next...

Other day the pathway is unfurled and is waiting for you to just jump.

My 2016 has been filled with the former...
This year I am choosing to only a selective number of teaching opportunities that take me flying from one coast to another;

and I am happily planning to get at least two more on-line workshops added to the two I have already. (BTW - My Shaping Up with Fast-Piece Applique is a great way to kick start your own year and begins next week- Friday, January 15th).
With the vision boarding-Infinite Possibilities Program -- many things are popping up -- so it seems a good time to play with small little stitchings, and houses seem perfect.

Here we go: the first was just pulled together with scraps;

though even as I worked on this one I started to think of it in other ways. Monochromatic little houses - primaries and secondaries.

Who know where these will end up;
the stitching begins...
Baby Steps!

4 comments:

  1. Love the colors and the huts look like they are doing a happy dance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and they are fun to stitch Rachel... funny too where each step lets more ideas slip in - Happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful improv little houses - a fun way to explore different color schemes with a variety of fabrics...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and they are small enough to stitch up and have fun -- I'm still working on mine, but they will show up again. thanks Linda!

      Delete