Friday, March 28, 2014

Under the Needle

What is this? Paper being stitched?

I am a fabric person... one who loves mixed media.
In the past I have found lots of ways to mix it up on fabric, but only toyed with the idea of mixing it up with paper.

This year I decided to get acquainted with paper and signed up for a monthly meeting at my local paper haven, Ephemera Paducah, where we are playing and learning all sorts of ways to mix it up with paper.

We are following Art Journal Freedom by Dina Wakley, and last night we got to pull gloves on an play with spray inks. What you'll find here are my samples. Dina likes to add stitching to her paper pieces so this morning in the studio, my little raven squares went under the needle --- then glue to their final home on a sprayed background.






Since the group meets only once a month I have also jumped into the Documented Life project where each week we are provided a different theme to create a journal page. Practice will hopefully give my pages a chance of improving.

Meanwhile, it is all REALLY fun!

I would love to hear what new thing you are trying out this year. Anyone?

2 comments:

  1. Wow that is so cool ! Awesome results Rose .. Thanks so much for sharing .,I must try !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Connie -- the book is very clear on the steps, and if I can do it so can you! and it is definitely fun

      Delete