Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Sneak Peek #2 - Gone Apple Pickin'

It's fall ---
apple pickin' time -- time to wander taking in the beautiful colors -- time to go for a hike and soak up the warmth of the sun a cool crisp day...

time to quilt?
It's always time to quilt, but fall inspires some amazing ideas.

This week I am sharing a quilt that was inspired by many, many a fall day spent wandering through the mountains, seeking that u-pick orchard. Picking a couple of bushels of apples, then heading back into town for a slice or two or three of absolutely scrumptious mile high apple pie! YUM...

There's no pie here now... but here's the quilt and some photos that remind me of those special fall moments.

 
 


There's no pie now....but maybe soon.
Do you have a favorite apple pie recipe?

3 comments:

  1. YUM… LOVE apple pie. I make mine in muffin tins. I confess to using Pillsbury refrigerated crusts. Cut into squares and fit into the muffin cups – the funky edges look rustic. Dice Granny Smith apples kind of small and cook in apple cider for a few minutes. Add a crumb crust. Bake, cool, and freeze, so you can have apple pie whenever you want. And because they’re small, you don’t feel as guilty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this idea Kat --- think I will be trying it very soon!

      Delete
  2. Yummy. I love my mom's Dutch Apple pie recipe. Wasn't a great year here in upstate NY for Apple picking

    ReplyDelete